Friday, May 14, 2010

"No Thank You!"

This phrase is uttered by our precious daughter every. single. night. as she is pushing away her food. No doubt she's polite...but lord I've never seen such a picky eater! She won't eat ANYTHING! She won't try new things...I have run out of things to do to get her to eat! I've put it in muffin tins, used cookie cutters to cut it into fun shapes, called it "Dora's Favorite chicken" but nothing works! She DOES eat any and all fruit, cheese cubes, mac n cheese, and over-processed chicken nuggets but that's it. She has a HUGE sweet tooth and loves ice cream, cookies, M&Ms...where did I go wrong??? She rarely eats stuff like that...maybe once a month! We keep her plate out after dinner in case she changes her mind about being hungry but it's so hard! I want to give her something she loves but I know that will lead to me making separate meals for her and I don't want to go down that road.
Last night at 8:00 she was so hungry and still wouldn't eat:

I see many more nights like this in our future........



5 comments:

ChrissyK said...

Awwwwww momma, stay strong. I know it is so hard, especially when they are so polite with the food they are served, that you want to reward them with something that they would like. But, you're right... if you travel down that road it will be creating separate dinners. My advice, stay strong and hopefully she will grow out of this stage soon. You're doing great!

ashley said...

I agree with Chrissy, stay strong. Hopefully Morgan is just going through a phase. I feed Abigail what we're eating & if she doesn't eat it, then too bad for her. I don't let her spend the evening snacking either. Mainly, because I don't want her to develop a snacking habit. Hang in there!

Kristyn said...

Girl, you know how I feel about this! Exactly the same as the girls above. They will eventually learn that what you give them is what they are going to get. They need to learn to eat healthy and to eat what Momma makes! You are doing great. Stay strong!! :)

Kat said...

My mom said that Joe and I were both like this and she made us separate dinners...we'd only eat one thing for months at a time...we ended up being polar opposites too. I will try all kinds of stuff now and eat whatever Phil puts in front of me and Joe is still picky, but eats a variety of stuff. It's up to you, but you could do mac and cheese for a month and then she won't be a crabby later.

Emily said...

So funny! I love how polite she is. But I know it's not funny that she won't eat anything. Remember, if she's really hungry then she will eat something. She won't starve!! Stick to it!! And keep us updated on how things go.