Monday, June 20, 2011

She's Here!

She's finally here!!!
Last Saturday night we were at a birthday party and I was having some irregular contractions that were NOT painful so I chalked it up to Braxton Hicks. Woke up at 3:45 that morning confused as to whether my water was broken (it was really hard to tell at first)...by 5:15, I for sure knew it was broken and so I got ready and we got to the hospital around 7:00 a.m.
I was 2 cm by then and 100% effaced and an hour later was at 7 cm. Fast forward another hour and I was at 10 cm! Elise Claire was born at 10:17 a.m. Talk about a quick delivery! She is so petite...was 6 lbs 4 oz and 18.25 inches long...when we left the hospital she was only 5 lbs 13 oz. Just like Morgan was! The only diapers and clothes that fit so far are preemie clothes...just like Morgan did! We think she looks very similar to Morgan when she was a baby but not exactly alike. Fun to compare pictures..they have alot of similar features!
Elise is a sweetheart! So easygoing and non-demanding. I think she has fussed 3 times since we came home from the hospital last Tuesday. I LOVE newborns and wish she would stay little forever! She is a snuggler and we love her so much. We are so blessed to have 2 beautiful, sweet girls!
Morgan has had zero problems adjusting and loves giving Elise kisses and hugs her and gets so excited when she moves...I think she is hoping she will be ready to play soon!! It's been kind of an adjustment for us to go from 1 to 2...trying to make sure they both get 100% of me...which is hard on top of being sleep deprived :) It's fun when people see you and they keeping saying how exhausted I look....but I think it's a good exhaustion in a weird sort of way! I don't mind the late night feedings at all.


Ready to meet baby sister!



Elise Claire...She looks enormous here but is so tiny!



Mommy and Elise!



Family of four!


Proud big sister!





Not sure who was more exhausted.. me or Morgan??


Ready to go home!



Our sweet girl!!!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

She is soooooo beautiful!!! I can't wait to hold her again! You've got two beauties on your hands!

Lacey said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations!!!